Sunday, September 16, 2007

Thanks - for being there for me

You reflect on your life when you are struck with some incidence in other peoples lives. Is that how we should value things?

I know a family which can hardly be called a family now. I would rather call them a bunch of people who have made compromises to travel together in the same boat..... but dont know how long will that happen. Incompalibilty within the parents makes the children underconfident and lonely. Abhay's parents seperated and the kids came under the fathers custody. Today he lives with another married women. Abhay and his brother have always stayed in hostels because the parents neither had time for each other or the kids. Wathcing Abhay's frail frame, his inabilty to be a happy, his best company - books, i wish someone could be there for him to talk and share and make him feel loved.

I never realized how much it means to have both your parents there for you. Thank you mom & dad for all that you have given me.

You gave me the light
So I could find my way
You showed me the way
So I could leave a trail
You lend me your hand
So I would never be alone
You passed me your confidence
So I could face the world
You gave me your life
So I could make my own

2 comments:

Versha said...

so true . .

Vinny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.